Connecting to subunits on a siemens S5 PLC

yogiontour

Hello chaps.

Have a small problem. How do I go about connecting to a PLC that has been set up as in the attached diagram? I have no problems connecting to the standard set up but I imagine this will require a different connection configuration in Step5?

Cheers

PLC Config.jpg

Hello chaps.

Have a small problem. How do I go about connecting to a PLC that has been set up as in the attached diagram? I have no problems connecting to the standard set up but I imagine this will require a different connection configuration in Step5?

Cheers

The jpg was to unsharp for me to be able to read the comm-card numbers. I thougt I saw two 942 cpu's in the fog, and they can be connected to Step5 with the 'normal' current loop converter.

Kalle

I think (but am not sure) that the two CPU racks is in some kind of redundant configuration via the IM304-IM324R.

I would believe that you could just use the regular TTY cable connection to the PG port on either CPU.

Comments:
1. Do not try to make any modifications to this system unless you know exactly what you are doing !
2. As soon as possible, this system should be totally replaced by something newer that has a chance of being supported. I think a candidate is S7-400H in a redundant configuration.