Siemens Step 7

byrnem

B
Does anyone know of any problems using Siemens Step 7 on a Windows XP platform??
Just installed Windows XP and I am having some difficulty with some software, Siemens Step 7 upgrade isn't available till november so the version I am using is only for Windows2000. - Problem in particular is Authorisation Key loading.

The Siemens software is not perfect.

I couldn't get the authourisation software to work on my Windows NT 4, service pack 6 PC. It gave a general protection fault.

So on that PC, I run it without authorisation, and just put up with the annoying "searching for authorisation" message.

Siemens helpdesk could only sugest I "re install windows NT" Yeah like i'm going to do that and re load all my software! I don't have two days spare to do that.

It's just lucky that Step 7 will run without authorisation, otherwise that's what I may have ended up having to do to fix my problem.

I can say this, the CP5511 wont work at all in an XP system. My system wants to format the card like it was a memory card. I have the software installed and it seems to work correctly. I have Simatic Step 7 with Service Pack 1.

Since the card isnt working right I cant use the XP system to connect so use my old 98 laptop most of the time. Siemens said that it would be October/November before they made a release that supported XP.

Thanks for the reply's,

talked to Siemens yesterday, when I log on as the Administrator for our system, It appears to work fine, but when I use my profile it just errors out completely, as you say Re-loading all software to a new operating system is no fun, I'm in the middle of it at the moment,

I'll let you know how I get on.

One little point about reloading the O/S.....You do not necessarily have to reload all your programs after reinstalling Windows. Reinstalling without reformatting should keep all your programs and data intact. You are just reinstalling Windows.

However, to do it "right", you would want to reformat and then reinstall which is of course a major pain in the you know where.

Hmm, maybe a PC forum isn't a bad idea after all (j/k!!)

OG

Dear Friends,

I have CP5511, PCMCIA Card but I have sum of problems. I couldn't install it properly for the Windows XP. There is no correct *.inf file for Windows XP, I have cp5511w2k.inf but it is only useful for Win2k. So that, I contacted the support of siemens world-wide-web. But nowadays, no response for this subject. Could you please send me a detailed information or installation file for XP operating system.

MY Config:
WinXP
Compaq EvoN800v NoteBook
512MB RAM

and CP5511 card ordering Number: C79459-A1890-A10

Best Regards,
I'm looking forward to hearinh from you as soon as possible

Suat OCAKCI

I have in the office computer Windows XP Pro and Step7 works just fine. The version of Step7 is 5.2 with Sp1.

You can find the compability table of Step7 versions from siemens support pages (entry id: 8250891).

Br,

TS

I have been using the CP5511 in windows xp since Step 7 v5.1 SP3 with no problems. I am using Step 7 v5.2 and the CP5511 with no problems. I'm too poor to get the softnet software for Windows XP, so the CP5511 was my only other option.

You might try disabling your built-in ethernet card.
Before inserting the CP5511, go to the set pc/pg interface in the control panel and install the CP5511 as an interface.
Always connect the dongle to the LAN adapter before inserting the LAN adapter into your computer.

You most be at least poweruser when you install Step7 otherwise you can encounter problems. I also had problems with my cp5511 under win 2000 it turned out to be problems with the memory allocations for the card. There is a thred about this on Siemens support page and there is a description on how you can change the resources using an .inf file. I just updated the inf file but a colleague of mine had to remove Step7 completly even in the windows registers a regular uninstall wont help. Information about this i also available on siemens support page http://www4.ad.siemens.de/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en. I think i got the file and description at work somewhere if you dont manage to find it.

Hi pieteke007,

;) 1.- You must use a P2P program, as eMule (last version is 0.3e), that's free in the net and you can load it everywhere. (it has 2 or 3 MB)

;) 2.- Launch eMule (learn to use it, very easy!) and search for the word STEP7. Currently they're three files:

- Siemens Simatic Professional Step7 5.2 Scl 5.1 Sp4 Graph 5.2 Sp1 Plcsim 5.2 Microwin 3.2 Step5 7.21(Kontinuum).rar (845 MB)

- Siemens_Simatic_professional_STEP7_5.2_SCL_5.1_SP4_Graph_5.2_SP1_PLCSIM_5.2_MicroWin_3.2_STEP5_7.21(kontinuum).rar (427 MB)

- STEP7-MicroWIN_V32_SP4.exe (57 MB)

The first two seems the same but I don't know why the big difference in size. The third can be an update ...

:D 3.- Be patient. To download all the archives you can spent one week.

:cool: 4.- Put in your directories enough archives to be downloaded for other eMule users because eMule is a credit debit, you help me, we help you.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Siemens SIMATIC & CP5511

Dear friends,

If you have lots of problems using Simatic Softwares in Windows XP, you can contact me for solving problems. I will try to help you. I have solved my all problems using Simatic Softwares and hardwares such as CP5511 with Operating System WinXP.

for your questions, please contact me,

Best Regards,

[email protected]

Suat OCAKCI
TUBITAK-UME
PK54 41470 Gebze-KOCAELI
TURKEY

PHONE: +90 262 679 5000 EXT. 2215
FAX: +90 262 679 5001

For solving problem, please follow the instructions

Mylo said:
Thanks for the reply's,

talked to Siemens yesterday, when I log on as the Administrator for our system, It appears to work fine, but when I use my profile it just errors out completely, as you say Re-loading all software to a new operating system is no fun, I'm in the middle of it at the moment,

I'll let you know how I get on.

===============================================

Dear Friend,
Your problem is just about the Administration of your system sources. Please apply the following instructions

Open the computer management
Open the Local Users & Groups
Click your profile
and change your profile as Administrator...

This is the firs and simplest way to solve the problem...
Another way, is more complex...

Find the related files and change every accessing options of these files. All users can access these files for solving the problem.
I would prefer to do first choose to solve the problem.

Best Regars...

[email protected]