S7 300 PLC/ Applicom CAard for SCADA configuration

thomas1000

Hi,

I am using a S7 315-2DP CPU to connect a Woodhead Applicom
PCI-1500 Series Card via a Profibus network.

Has anyone used this configuration before? The technote for this configuration does not show the applicom card setup for the S7 network configuration, only the configuration of a profibus network from the CPU.

I normaly create a connection between 'Other Station' and 'CPU' and use LSAP/TSAP values when using a CP Profibus card.

Any ideas

The Applicom card supports the S7 protocol, so I think that you simply setup the connection in the Applicom software (maybe an OPC server).
For the S7 PLC, the applicom card will be an "unspecified" connection. In other words it does not have to be setup in NetPro.

What may be a potential problem is that the S7 PLC must be aware of the existence of the additional Profibus master station, this just so that the Profibus token rotation time is calculated correctly. There are a number of ways to do this. You can add "dummy" stations or you can specify that additional stations must be taken into account for the Bus parameters.