Telemecanique Twido TO Twido Data Exchange (%MSG or EXCH?)

Andy S

Hello all,

I need to get a couple of Telemecanique Twido PLCs talking to each other.
I need to send no more than 64 bits between each PLC.
After having a look through the help files it looks as though the %MSG function or the EXCH instruction could help me achieve this?

I'm continuing to have a look on the net but just wondered if any of you guys had any experience of this?

Hardware that were using:

2 * Twido TWDLMDA20DTK PLCs
DH485 connection that I believes makes use of Modbus protocol?

Any help will be greatley appreciated.
Many thanks

Andrew

I did some extensive messaging using TSX Premiums last year. From memory I tried both methods, and settled on the MSG because it was the first one I could get to work. Sorry I cannot help more, but I was so PO'ed by the whole Unity Pro experience I've deleted everything pertaining to it off my PC's.

Yes, two Twido can talk through Modbus ASCII (I don't know why RTU isn't supported by EXCH - RTU slave works). You must to use EXCH1 or EXCH2. %MSG only manages data exchange but cann't start communication. EXCH do it.
Port parameters must be configured for both PLCs before - Edit Controller Comm Setup (right click on port).

I reccomend to buy 2 TWDNOZ485T modules. Catalogue price of module is 34.29 EUR only. You can troubleshoot more suitable with it because Twido Port 1 will be free for PG operations.