CompactLogix IP Address

FSPT_Tech

I'm trying to find out what the IP address is on a CompactLogix processor. The processor is the "mother" control to other equipment that are on the same network. The other equipment are using Micrologix processors. I have a copy of RSLogix 500 which enables me to go online with the other equipment and see their IP addresses. But I can't go online with the mother's CompactLogix processor without using RSLogix 5000 software (which I don't have) to see the programmed IP address. Is there any way to find out what the IP address is on this CompactLogix processor? The external equipment is not yet linked to "mother". We are still running cable for this. I'd like to know how to find the IP address of the mother's processor without going online if it's possible.
Is there any other way?
Thanks.

You can use RSLinx with an Ethernet/IP driver to find it. It should show up (if connected) as a CompactLogix processor with the IP address next to it.

Paul

The Ethernet/IP driver will return all Ethernet/IP nodes in your subnet. The Ethernet Devices driver requires you to manually enter each IP address.

OG