Info on Proficy Machine Edition,if you can!

kapooski2012

Hey there,
Late last year and early this I was self-teaching AB PLC with the use of a Micrologix 1000 with a trainer that I built. I took a basic class on programming, 3 hours a night for 12 weeks, (not enough!). There is so much information on Allen-Bradleys’ RsLogix , I even have two different text box on the subject. Now I’ve been brought on ground level of a plant that only runs GE Fanuc Rx7i and some 90-30 and some series 5 (that will be changed one day!).
Can anybody steer me in the right direction, I was trying to find some samples of simple programs on the net…nothing (unless I didn’t look hard enough)I’ve seen the logic on some of the programs at work and trying to make some sense, and people tell that RsLogix is harder!
Right now I have Proficy Machine Edition 7.0 loaded on my laptop with a 4 day trail,I’ve already lost a day because of my inexperience.
1-Is there any printouts out there that I can use as samples so I can “plug-in” just like I would use a RsLogix program on LogixPro?
2- What happens after 4 days, the program stops working or ???????
Any input would be great, so far you guys have never let me down, positive or negative.
👨🏻‍🏫

First, I believe you will be surprised how easy it is once you get the "lay" of the software.
Begin with what is in Proficy looking at the tutorials and Samples.
You can uninstall PME after four days, re-install for another four. Also you can call GEIP at 800-433-2682 navigate to software registration and get a free 30 day trial.

First learn the software and DONOT expect it to or try to force it to work like anything else you know. Like all new tools learn them and use them as intended. This will give you the best start.

Second open a project with logic of a system that you know how the machine/system works already and follow it using your new knowledge of the "lay" of the software.

GEIP has some YouTube videos that will help you get going too. I'll post a link if you need/want.

Use the interface to your advantage by learning all the windows and what they give you, this can be found on the first screen and by looking in the Navigator window, Help tab. Also use the Toolchest to read about all of the Functions and their use. This best if you have the Companion Window visible at the same time as it displays help on the selected object. Also use the Right mouse button a lot and select an object then press F1 for detailed help. Be careful to keep track of Functions that may not work in some controllers. The RX3i will do lots that the 90-30 can not. The Series 5 is a whole new ball game, DOS only and very old. Made by Koyo of Japan.

Most of all have fun with it, take your time and come back with question.

Last edited:
First, I believe you will be surprised how easy it is once you get the "lay" of the software.
Begin with what is in Proficy looking at the tutorials and Samples.
You can uninstall PME after four days, re-install for another four. Also you can call GEIP at 800-433-2682 navigate to software registration and get a free 30 day trial.

First learn the software and DONOT expect it to or try to force it to work like anything else you know. Like all new tools learn them and use them as intended. This will give you the best start.

Second open a project with logic of a system that you know how the machine/system works already and follow it using your new knowledge of the "lay" of the software.

GEIP has some YouTube videos that will help you get going too. I'll post a link if you need/want.

Use the interface to your advantage by learning all the windows and what they give you, this can be found on the first screen and by looking in the Navigator window, Help tab. Also use the Toolchest to read about all of the Functions and their use. This best if you have the Companion Window visible at the same time as it displays help on the selected object. Also use the Right mouse button a lot and select an object then press F1 for detailed help. Be careful to keep track of Functions that may not work in some controllers. The RX3i will do lots that the 90-30 can not. The Series 5 is a whole new ball game, DOS only and very old. Made by Koyo of Japan.

Most of all have fun with it, take your time and come back with question.
I will have fun and I'm sure that I will some questions, thanks for the input.