Codesys for Raspberry Pi Released

A RPi is very good for testing, i am using codesys in wago and on this RPi, Codesys did some tests, but can not guarantee the correct working of it, thats why they have to put this line up.
i love it, as most compilers are cumbersome.

Can someone clarify how these could be utilized ?

If I understand it correctly , Raspberry Pi is something like SBC and CoDeSys Runtime PLC will run over it .
What about IO ' s and visualization /HMI ?

Raspberry Pi was originally conceived as a very, very low cost device to allow students to learn computer architecture and computer programming. It has been immensely successful at introducing (cash-strapped) students to learn computers, operating systems, languages, etc. And now with Codesys that extends the low cost learning environment to industrial programming languages: this is a fabulous way to extend industrial programming knowledge to the masses.

However, the Raspberry Pi is not an industrial device. It lacks the power supply, IO decoupling, and mechanical features that distinguish industrial devices and make for their incredible reliability.

So as a learning tool, the Raspberry Pi and Codesys are a milestone in introducing our world to the student masses. As a production tool, I hope students don't get the idea that they are going to plug this in and run their home-built nuclear power plant with a Raspberry Pi :)

i love the arduino, but RPi is more for the communicationboys.
and together with codesys students can make their own PLC machine.
So no need for expensive Siemens hard/software.
An RPi costs 35 $ and the codesys same price, so nice set for learning

This looks very interesting for training. I have not used Rpi before so I would like to ask if anyone knows what are the IO possibilities. I saw a couple of videos in youtube with Modbus TCP Wago IO. Are there any onboard IO available on the pi?
Is there modbus rtu support on the pi? I saw a couple of touch screen addons on ebay. What are they used for. Can one access the codesys webserver from there?

Regards

I/O can be done with simple I2C, SPI or any other protocol, even simple shift registers are a good possibility.
It looks like an arduino, but with VGA and internet.
and yes it is a training thing.
meant to be used in school to learn codesys (this way students are attracted to codesys

Even without hardware, CoDeSys is a very powerful teaching tool as it can be used in simulation mode. You can write code and see what it does before hooking up to anything. This paired with the visualization tools make for a super pair.

Cool, i have already found raspberry pi's and audrinos in control cabinets doing protocol conversion. This will make an interesting next progression.