How to go to the terminal config screen on PanelView Plus 600

You don't need it for the PV+ but you will need a USB keyboard.

There is a button on the back called "Default", which puts the PV+ into a configuration menu, where you navigate to the second option, and reboot the machine with that option enabled. I can't remember the wording of the option, but it is the second one down, and the UP/DOWN arrow keys of the PV+ don't work, which is why you need the USB keyboard !!

HTH

hi guys
i'm traying make the same but i no luck.
i'm using usb memory stick

can you help me pls?
i have a panel view plus maked with 6.1 version(no has configuration mode button configured)

o_O

From AB Knowledge base:

Note: In order to perform the following procedure you will need to connect a USB keyboard to the PanelView Plus 7. (note: also works for a Plus 600)

With the USB keyboard connected to the PanelView Plus 7, cycle power to the unit.
As the PanelView Plus 7 is rebooting and going through the initialization screens, a white square should appear in the lower left corner. Press and hold this white square until it takes to you the Maintenance Menu.
Once in the Maintenance Menu, use the down key on the keyboard to highlight the Special Boot Action option. The special boot action should be None by default.
Use the left and right arrow keys to cycle through the different options until you see Safe Mode. Keep this selection.
Use the up arrow on the keyboard to highlight Continue booting with selected options and then press the Enter button on the keyboard.
The PanelView Plus 7 should now boot to the Configuration Screen.

From AB Knowledge base:

Note: In order to perform the following procedure you will need to connect a USB keyboard to the PanelView Plus 7. (note: also works for a Plus 600).......

Welcome to the forum !

Please check the dates of the posts before replying....

I'm sure the OP (Original Poster) doesn't have the problem after all this time.

I'm more intrigued by the fact that he/she joined the forum 11 years ago, but waited until now to post for the first time...

I'm more intrigued by the fact that he/she joined the forum 11 years ago, but waited until now to post for the first time...

I'm sure there's an explanation ensuing.... lol

I tried pretty much all of the hints given before. The above explanation from AB knowledge base finally allowed me to get to the configuration screen. A lot of people above/before skirted around the issue of the reboot.. The Allen Bradley article was very specific and helpful. Power cycling with the USB keyboard in place is only way to get the white square to show up.

Last edited:
I tried pretty much all of the hints given before. The above explanation from AB knowledge base finally allowed me to get to the configuration screen. A lot of people above/before skirted around the issue of the reboot.. The Allen Bradley article was very specific and helpful. Power cycling with the USB keyboard in place is only way to get the white square to show up.

I think the same way. It's better to "revive" a old thread if you have the same problem (or a solution to an existing problem) then to start a new thread. If someone after you has the same problem, he will rather find the "old" thread in google search (with no solution) instead of the new one with a solution. And in the AB world a problem can easily stay around for 10 years and more, without beeing fixed.

Configuration Mode Menu Access PanelView Plus

See tech note 119811: https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/119811

Supposedly there is a way to bring the white square back: https://theautomationblog.com/how-do-i-access-the-panelview-plus-configuration-menu/

Tech note says:

1. Connect a USB keyboard to the terminal. Without this, you will not be able to navigate through the PanelView Plus 6 boot menu screens.
  2. Press the small, recessed button labeled Default with a thin non-conductive probe. This will start the terminal in Maintenance mode.
  3. You will then get to the Maintenance Window
  4. Select (by using the left & right arrow keys on the keyboard) Special BOOT Action --> Safe Mode. This option will boot the terminal to the FactoryTalk View ME Station configuration screen

Last edited:
Pv 800

Problem: If an application has accidentally been set to autorun with no means of exiting the project, it will continue to run that application even on reboot of the terminal.
Solution: The following utility will bring up the RSView ME Configuration screen where the user can set ME to disable the project autorun option.
Steps:
Method
  1. Rename the appropriate attached file to autorun.exe and copy the file to a compact flash card. There are two attached files, one for the PanelView Plus 400 and 600 terminals, another for the PanelView Plus 700, 1000, 1250, and 1500 terminals. Caution: Before make the change to Autorun.exe, ensure your winodws explorer is set up to display the extension. To change that on your PC, while in windows explorer click the tools pull down=>folder options=>View tab. in the window, right at the bottom there is a check box for "Hide Extension for Known File Types", Uncheck that box and click OK. Now you can change the file name.
  2. Insert the compact flash card into the terminal. The program will automatically execute. (The execution of this program is silent. There is no user interface and no indication that the program had run.)
  3. Wait 30 seconds.
  4. Remove the compact flash card.
  5. Reboot the terminal.
  6. Re-configure your terminal settings as desired.
Be sure you read all of this.
File is attached..
Is there same solution for PV800?
Thanks!