In Logix5000, can we consume and produce the tags between two controllers which are….

wendaiyu

Hi, guys!

In Logix5000, can we consume and produce the tags between two controllers which are Not in the same rack, but are both working under our factory network, such as IP 10.10.28.101 and IP 10.10.28.201?

Thanks a lot.

Of course, but when you say "our factory network" you scare me. Control traffic shouldn't be on the same network as the secretarial pool watching cat videos.

LOL, Thanks a lot, buddy.

Could you tell me more details about how to do it? I cannot figure it out.

Thanks again.

First things first, carefully define the data you want to produce/consume. P/C tags can't be edited without a download, so know what you want before declaring the tags. Add the respective other Ethernet card and controller to each controllers controller organizer. Then declare the tags. If you're going to use UDT's they will have to be defined in each controller as well.

And the producing processor will need to be defined in the I/O tree of the consumer.

The "Logix 5000 Controllers Produced and Consumed Tags" programming manual will be helpful in this effort.