S7-1518 slowing down PLC execution time

doomsword

Usually we want to do the opposite, but I'm actually looking for opposite, I need to slowdown my Siemens S7-1518 OB1 execution time, to say, 20 ms.
This is not needed for real application, I need it to test my software on PLC which simulates real process. From what I see our standardized library has issues if scan time is too low (around 1ms like now).

When we download entire project scan time will surely be larger, but to test parts of SW I need to slowdown a PLC so I can avoid issues coming from such low cycle time.

Any ideas?

There is an FB40, I believe that is dead time delay. Have you tried that?
Or perhaps SFB, I'll see if I can find it.

Actually it's SFC47

Delaying Execution of the User Program with SFC 47
"WAIT"
Description
With SFC 47 "WAIT," you program delays or waiting times in your user program.
You can program waiting times up to 32767 μs. The smallest possible waiting time
depends on the particular CPU and is the same as the execution time of SFC 47.

Last edited:
Here's some code that does the job - may be useful for CPU's where you can't set the minimum scan time.

delay.jpg

Here's some code that does the job - may be useful for CPU's where you can't set the minimum scan time.

Isn't it easier just make one self resetting timer with 20ms timebase, then enabling FCs and FBs every time when 20ms have gone.
If OB's cycle is 1ms, then 20ms timebase should not be problem.
(or enabling FCs and FBs with every 20th PLC scan)

bit bit
---|\|---|TON|----( )

bit
--| |--------|FC|

bit DB
--| |--------|FB|