Know-how protection TIA portal

Purple_Lisa

Hi all,

I have several blocks that we built before many years and they*have password protection.

The problem is that we had lost the password and nobody remembers.

How can I solve this issue and open the block ? may be I can reset the password somehow?

Thank you.

With Step7 it was easy, But I think Siemens made a bit more difficult with TIA. However that's not discussed on this forum.

Don't think you can reset the password as that would defeat entire purpose of the password in the first place.

I haven't heard of any ways to bypass the knowhow protect in Portal, but as DeKemp says, that is mostly taboo in this forum.

It's too late now, but I always recommend saving a version of the project with no blocks locked, as a backup.

I haven't heard of any ways to bypass the knowhow protect in Portal, but as DeKemp says, that is mostly taboo in this forum.

It's too late now, but I always recommend saving a version of the project with no blocks locked, as a backup.

I always saved them in text format in word as a library.

OK, :oops:
Thank you.