Compact Logix Using RSLogix 5000

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is it possible to upload a program from a CompactLogix using RSLogix 5000 version 20 and get the descriptions of the tags included? Every time I have ever uploaded from compactlogix using RSLogix 5000 version 20 I have never gotten the tag descriptions.

Sir

If I'm not mistaken, you will need the source code ( original code ) to have the tag descriptions and all applicable notes the programmer chose to write.

Good luck

Downloading comments and description (and uploading them) became support with the re-branding to Studio 5000 Logix Designer at version 21.

.... but only if the programmer chose to put the comments and descriptions into the controllers. It was an option, not always implemented.

Similar Topics

Read and write the Tags direct using pycomm3 and LogixDriver. Just in case anybody wanted to know. Here's a sample: from pycomm3 import...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am using compact Logix 1769-L33ER. I am facing issues while connecting it with the laptop using USB. But when I go with the Ethernet it...
Replies
Views
Hello friends. I am working on a project that needs the time to be somewhat accurate for their process. I have taken time for granted and really...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I want to add a few status bits to the HMI program for the operator. There are 5-AB 1769 L32E Compact Logix PLC's throughout the...
Replies
Views
Hello All, In using compactlogix. I have two trolleys on one line. One trolley is up and running using compact logix 1769 L33ER. Since I have a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom