RSView32 and MySQL

plc_va

I want to data log to a MySQL database. MySQL is up and running along with RSView32. Does anyone have the RSView32 VB script/code that will connect to the MySQL server and write the data to it.

Save yourself the hassle and use FactorySQL. Scripting within an HMI isn't a good (or easy) way to do data logging. Rockwell would recommend RSSQL/FactoryTalk Historian (running on MS SQL Server, of course).

I want to data log to a MySQL database. MySQL is up and running along with RSView32. Does anyone have the RSView32 VB script/code that will connect to the MySQL server and write the data to it.

If you are using trendx, you just need to set up an odbc connection to the mysql server, and configure trendx to use that connection. No scripting is involved.

However, FactorySQL is a far better solution, and you can have it up and running in a matter of minutes. There support team is also top notch. Because RSView32 is also an OPC server, you can pull HMI tags or PLC tags and dump them into the database