5ooo emulate problems

astronutt

I am having trouble with 5000 emulate .when i try and create a controller i get error msg that sez "failed to install rslogix emulate 5ooo in slot". And also what is ddl?
thx

I Assume that your controller is configured for Slot 0. Slot 0 is not available in Emulate because it's foreseen for RsLinx communication. Change the processor Slot to one different from 0.

I am having trouble with 5000 emulate .when i try and create a controller i get error msg that sez "failed to install rslogix emulate 5ooo in slot". And also what is ddl?
thx

Hello,

had the same problem... receiving the internal error message "FAILED TO INSTALL RSLOGIX EMULATE 5000 IN SLOT" when trying to add the emulator controller...

in my case it happened after i installed COMODO antivirus, so i guess in general it could be due to antivirs software intervention, blocking the execution of some important emulator file. I entered the antivirus status page, found the application blocked, setted the application as not dangerous and the emulator recognized the controller again in slot 1.

Hope this can help!

bye

Try Technotes:

36238 - error - "Failed to install RSLogix Emulate 5000 in slot!"

and

37429 - Cannot add modules into the Virtual Backplane unless you have Full Admin rights

I had the same pblm .i went to add/remove pgm in controll panel and selected RSLogix 5000 emulater and clicked on change and followed the instrn,the problem got solved

I had the same pblm .i went to add/remove pgm in controll panel and selected RSLogix 5000 emulater and clicked on change and followed the instrn,the problem got solved

If you're still around can you Please Send a Screenshot of that? Thank you

Fail to install emulate

go to control setting, user account, change use control setting (move the bar never notify setting) or allow from anti virus protection.