Allen Bradley Guard PLC and RS Logix 5000

Redland Brick

Hi Folks ,

I have a question. Did any of you ever have any problems with
going online with a Guard PLC with RS Logix 5000 v 14.1.
The problem is that we get a major fault and it deletes the program.
I believe the fault is a power up fault.This only happens when
we try to go online.

These are the versions and setup that we have:

Processor Firmware 14.32

RS Linx 2.43.01.23 (CPR 6 )

RS Logix 5000 14.1

Windows XP

We have a company here from Europe that installed the machinery
and they do not not have any problems. The only differences
I see is they have RS Linx 2.50.00.20 and Windows 2000.

Do you guys have any ideas,

First, lets get terminology correct:

You are talking about GuardLogix PLC that is ControlLogix based and uses RSLogix 5000 ver 14

Guard PLC is a separate product thet uses RSlogix Guard Plus software to program.

With Guardlogix what firmware do you have? Check it in RSlinx.

If it is not 14.33, you need to upgrade it to 14.33.

Edit: I see now your FW is 14.32 - upgrade it to 14.33.
See release notes http://support.rockwellautomation.com/controlflash/FirmwareFiles/1756RN020BENE.pdf

Last edited:
You have a limited-release very special product version into which Rockwell put enormous amounts of time and money for development and support. This is a machine safety controller, not some toy that you should be casting about on the Internet for advice on.

Call. Rockwell. Technical. Support.