plc analog inputs & outputs

The PLC having a analog inputs/outputs to control the machine....
Analog inputs/outputs means a sinusoidal signals take to the PLC.
but PLC don't take a RESOLVER signals...? Resolvers also generate a sinusoidal signal......what is analog means exactly...

thanks for ur help....

Analog inputs/outputs means a sinusoidal signals take to the PLC, but PLC don't take a RESOLVER signals...? Resolvers also generate a sinusoidal signal......What does analog mean exactly?
I think the best way to think of PLC signals is to compare the analog signals with the other big PLC category, digital. Analog signals vary in signal strength from 0 to maximum, where digital signals are binary - they are either a solid ON signal level, or a solid OFF signal level.

Analog signal is a signal that contains information using no quantized variances in frequency and amplitude. In other words, an analog signal contains information that can vary over a wide range of values, where a digital signal is quantized for (usually) two values, ON and OFF.

Last edited: