Simatic OPC Server with PC-Adapter

nels0n

Hi,

I need to create a OPC server with Simatic Net but instead of using a CP-card I need to use a serial PC-Adapter.
I know the procedure how to create a OPC server with Simatic Net, because I have created several scada's that communicate with Simatic OPC server but I always use a CP-card (mostly CP5611).

I searched the documentation and the siemens website but found nothing.
In this forum I only found how to create an OPC server with a PC-card.

Can someone tell me if it's possibly to create an OPC server with the Simatic Net using a serial PC-Adapter?
And if it is possible, what is the procedure?

Regards,
Nelson

PS: Sorry my bad english :p

Hi Nelson.

It is not possible.
Kepware's OPC Server do work with the PC Adapter.

Apart from that, the PC Adapter is not suited for a permanent installation. A CP5611 or a CP5621 is not that much more expensive than a PC Adapter, and both are much much better.
If it is not a question about cost, then consider the new USB Adapter (CP5671 I think).

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.
However, I was forced to change the scada communication with the S3-315 to a Comsoft profibus card.
The main idea of the project is to hide that the machine is controled by a S7-315. The plc was hide in a industrial-pc with the pc-adapter, however if I use the Simatic OPC Server the main idea was not met.

I have another question. The kepserver is free to use in industrial aplications?

Nelson