software and manual assistance

aec

Hi all,

Being fresh in the field of PLC .I have done one project which was about sequencing of 8 pumps , using Delta PLC . In that project I used WPL SOFT which is common for all the Delta PLC .

Since my next project will be with Allen bradley
1769-L31 PLC .I would like to learn programming in Allen Bradley PLC.

Now to start my learning I have got this software available in ab website .

RSLogix Micro Starter Lite (v8.30) without RSLinx — for offline programming (English) [30MB EXE]

For manual I found this website

http://www.plcdev.com/allen_bradleys_plc_programming_handbook

my doubt is whether I am in right path or not ?

and since I have done project with Delta PLC is going to be entirely different with Allen Bradley PLC ?

Kindly forgive me if there is any mistake in my spelling or grammer, will try to improve .

Thanks in advance .

demo version

plz somebody help , does anybody know where I can get demo version for practising .

The one which is available in ab website requires key for activation which I will get later but for time being I need to start practising .

Mine is compact logix 1769-L31 model allen Bradley.

Hi guys ,

Thanks for your response . In order to download that demo version I need to register in that website and when I'am trying it shows error I tryied multiple times with differrent alpha numeric password still its showing error .

I just need to start practise ,will get the full version shortly until then I will use this demo version.

Aec,

You could use a simulator program for practice. This is a software program that simulates the Allen Bradley PLC inside your computer. There are several versions. Allen Bradley has one called RSLogix Emulate. There is another called LogixPro, available from "thelearningpit.com". It is free for 30 days, then if you want to keep using it, it costs about $46 US. There are many student programming problems included and available at thelearningpit.com.

Aec,

Yes, it is similar to RSLogix5000, but it was based on the RSLogix500 programming software for the Allen Bradley SLC500-series of PLCs.

Thanks a lot Lancie1 , it was really a good simulator.
hope, I will be getting RSlogix5000 in next few days .

Thank you all for your time and response .

Will be back with new doubts and with same learning spirit (y)

HI again ,

I did programming in logixpro (first three task) . Now I have downloaded the demo version of RSLOGIX 5000 .

In Delta software I just had to start a new program select the processor and start programming, then after completing the program I just need to connect the processor and upload the program that’s it.

But in RSLOGIX I need to select the processor and all the I/O modules but that was not a problem when coming to the programming part, I got struck with the TAG system, so I went through the forum and have learnt something .

And have done a sample program. Since it is a demo version I don’t know how to test it.
So I am uploading the file someone check whether the Tagging which I have done is correct or not.

It is a simple sequence where I have a “Start push button” which will start motor1 . then a timer “timer 1” which after few seconds has to start motor2.

Here when I am trying to set a Preset value it SAY
“LADDER FIELD IS NON_EDITABLE” I don’t know why

So can someone please check this program and give me feed back .
View attachment Learning_project.doc

I have changed its extension from (.ACD) to (.doc) in order to upload . So please after downloading change it back to .ACD .

Thanks in advance

AEC,

You haven't created the tag 'timer1'. If you right click, then select new "timer1". Make sure your type is a timer and away you go.

And for motor 1 to work the start button will have to stay pressed. If the button is released motor1 will stop, so therefore timer1 will stop also.

Mark

AEC,

You haven't created the tag 'timer1'. If you right click, then select new "timer1". Make sure your type is a timer and away you go.

And for motor 1 to work the start button will have to stay pressed. If the button is released motor1 will stop, so therefore timer1 will stop also.

Mark

Hi thank you for your response and sorry for delay in my reply
so I have modified the program and have attached here .
View attachment Learning_project.doc
Like before I have changed the extension from (.ACD) to (.doc)

I would like to know whether I have used Tag properly will I be able to control the modules ?????

Hi,

I have not even worked with rslogix500 . Have worked with logix pro that’s why struggling but that’s not a problem.
Already read the post which you have mentioned since you suggested again I read the post
I understand the concept , since I don’t have emulation software , I want to make sure whether the aliasing tag and internal bit arrays which I have used is correct . Also I have changed the timer.
So please when you find time give look and give me your feed back .

And I have one more doubt is it possible to write or the operator to enter time(for example 15 or 20 or 21min) from touch screen to the timer in the ladder diagram ?

Should I have to create a new post for these doubts?????????