OT: distance measurement through transparent material

sczot

Hello everyone,

as part of the automatic process, we need to non-contact measure the distance between a black glossy plastic with a pattern (imagine a black-gray chessboard) and a transparent plastic part with an accuracy of one tenth of a millimeter

Their distance is about five millimeters.
The measuring sensor can be in the range of a millimeter from the transparent part up to several tens of centimeters.

Does anyone have experience with a similar application and a specific type of sensor (preferably Keyence or Sick)?

thank you for any advice

so for anyone intersted in the future, after some testing we decided to use confocal measurement from SICK

Similar Topics

Hello PLCS.NET! I was wondering if there are options in the market which have distance to tag well as ID of the tag? They need to work in about a...
Replies
Views
We have a machine that has a huge brake and clutch. MX measures the travel of this with a dial indicator every month for a PM. It only moves a few...
Replies
Views
This is my first post, I'm trying to measure the distance traveled by a hydraulic cilinder to stop it at a determined distance, around 500mm...
Replies
Views
HI what is the formula for distance measured using a absolute encoder coupled to a sprocket. this sprocket is rotated by a motor and a gear box...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am trying to find a sensor that will measure up to a distance of 70m (230 feet) that has a 4-20mA output for the measurement feedback...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom