SLC 5/03 passthru to Ch0 DF1 to PV300

BillTo

I am trying to link to a PV300 (not micro) that is directly connected to the Ch0 (DF1) port of a SLC 5/03 (OS302). My computer is connected to a DH485 network on Ch1 of the SLC. Intent is to be able to remotely update the Panelview WITHOUT having to direct connect to it.

I 'think' I have the passthru bits set properly in the SLC status file. I can see the SLC within RSLinx v2.42 (RSWho) but I cannot see the Panelview.

Any suggestions or comments as to whether or not this can actually be done?

Thanks.

Something to try: In Panelbuilder32's communications setup dialog there is a option check box that says "Use Networking". Set that check box on and re-download the panelbuilder file to the PV300. The default setting is off. Please post if you're successfull or not.

Checked the "use networking" & re-downloaded.

Still can't see the PV through the SLC.

I suspect that IF it can be done, it is something with the configuration of RSLinx.

Currently have the PV set to node 1, SLC Ch0 set to node 2
I've seen some stuff on the AB site that mentions that the SLC 5/03 cannot do bridging (see KB # G14044 at AB site).

I recall doing what you're trying to do with a 5/03, though it may have been I was connected with my PC to CHO and the Panelview was connected to the DH485 connection CH1 but it was 5-6 years and many projects ago. Sorry I can't recall more details.

This app note in AB's knowledgebase indicates the 5/03 can do df1 to dh485 passthru with the proper level of firmware and version of RSlinx.