modicon A120 analog input problems

Bart

Hello,

I need to write a simple program for a Modicon A120 plc system, to check if an analog input card (e.g. ADU 205) is working ok.
I have DOLOG AKF software installed on an ancient laptop.
I am able to program digital inputs and outputs, but I can't seem to get the analog card to work.
I have only verry little information on how to program the analog inputs/outputs.
Does anyone know how to program analog outputs on this system?
any help would be greatly appriciated

thanks
Bart.

I am not familiar with the software or the specific card you are using, so I don't know the actual commands.

When using the original 984LL software some Modicon analog cards needed to be configured before you could read them. This usually consisted of writing values into specific 4x registers to tell the card what type of analog signal was going to be seen on each channel as well as what channels will be active (this only had to be done once at each power up). Then each time you want to read a value you write a value to a different register to tell the card what channels (up to two at a time) to scan and which 3x register to put the each value into. This allows you to read some inputs at different rates then other inputs. In effect, you need to create your own input multiplexer.

There might be some more information (Modicon has lots of examples for 984LL commands) on your specific card at www.telemecanique.com.

Hello,

I have found the sollution to my poblem. Aparently there was something wrong with the hardware. When I put the analog card (ADU 205) in a different slot on the backplane, it works. Now I just need to read the input word for the card and scale it. e.g. when the card is in slot 7, I use the following code (it's in German)

L EW 7.1
T MW 10

This reads the first analog input from the input card on slot 7.

kind regards,
Bart.