How do I change a Panelview 550 RIO settings?

you press both the "left arrow" key and the "right arrow" key at the same time ... that should get you to a configuration menu ... then go to the "communication" selection and follow your heart from there ...

you can find all the details here:

PanelView User Manual

I'd start on page 3-2 [Adobe Reader page 66 of 278] ...

PS edit ... I see that Marc has a different take on your question ... software configuration ... I guessed that you wanted to access the hardware method ...

Last edited:
Changing RIO settings

Once the RIO settings are set and a program is downloaded to the Panelview, you can no longer change the RIO settings thru the configuratino screen in the Panelview.

When I try to change them thru communication setup, the program won't download....

I'm not sure I completely understand the steps you're taking ... but see if changing this setting helps ...

[attachment]

disclaimer: it's been awhile since I've messed with one of these ... but I have a spare one at home in my garage ... if all else fails, detail the settings you need and the exact steps you're taking ... if necessary I'll run a few experiments tonight and try to get back to you tomorrow ...

config settings.jpg

Last edited:
I think that PVs with RIO also have a serial port.
Depending on this setting it is set for either download or printing purpose:
[attachment]
If it was set for printing on a previously downloaded application, then you can no longer use it for download.
Is there a way to clear the program, so that the port will be available for download again ?

pvrio.gif

I do have the "use downloaded settings" turned on, and I am able to download a program to the Panelview...unless I change the rack number or starting module group in the comms setup, then it won't download.

I'm not in front of it right now and I can't seem to remember what happens...but the program does not transfer.

try pushing the "Help" button on the screen I posted ... this pops up on my version:

Specify whether to download configuration settings defined in the application. The default is to use downloaded configuration settings. To use the current settings in the terminal after a download, clear the check box.

Configuration settings include all settings defined in the Application Settings dialog.

Jesper,
you press both the "left arrow" key and the "right arrow" key at the same time ... that should get you to a configuration menu ... then go to the "communication" selection and follow your heart from there ...
This will also let get to the screen where you can turn the printer port off, then you can use the port for programming again.