Vijeo Citect IO Disk Device Variable Tag Addressing

PLC.lady

So I have need to display volume and run times on my screens for some equpiment. I recently got some help from support but things are still not running as smoothly as I want them to. I set up a new I/O Device that has Port Name: DISKDRV, Protocol: GENERIC, and Address: [RUN]:IODevDis.CDK.

I tired to create a variable under this IO device so that I can use it in my Accumulator for the runtime or totaliser. The frist few variable tags that I create with this I/O Device has data type ULONG, and the address was I102, I104, I106, but as I continue to increase in address', like I108, or I110, the Accumulator does nothing. Well it might be trying to do something but when I display the tag with address I108 all that I get is a "0" displayed and nothing else. I am not sure if I have the addressing correct or not. Is there anyone that could possibly help me? The purpose of this was to have a tag that I can use in an Accumulator that the runtime would be stored in, this tag cannot be a local tag, it needs to be a variable tag and since my primary IO device is non accessable to add more tags to the code I have to just work with what I had.

Thanks!

Just trying to get my head around it. Are you trying to send these messages over a network ?
If you are, Have you configured your I/O by doing the mapping ?

I am not sending these msg's over a network. I am not using msg'ing. I want to use the Citect Accumulators that they have. I want to count runtime and flow total etc. In order to use the Accumulator I need a variable tag so that it can write to it. I thought that I could use a local tag but I can't. I do not have access to the existing PLC therefore I need to create a DISK I/O Device so that I can create variable tags under that IO device and use them in the Accumulator to get what I want.

Citect Help is of no use in this regard. I am facing the same issue. Can somebody please detail steps to configure an accumulator in Citect 7.10 .
I am trying to count Run_Hours for a Pump. These are the tags I have created:
PUMP1A_RUN - Digital Variable Tag displaying Pump Run Status
PUMP1A_RUN_CNT - Local Variable Tag

Kindly explain how these can be cnfigured in the accumulator?

Did you set the accumulator Watchtime and Runtime or whatver it is in the citect.ini file ?
The default is 600 seconds , you need to change it to 1.

Did you set the accumulator Watchtime and Runtime or whatver it is in the citect.ini file ?
The default is 600 seconds , you need to change it to 1.

I am a newbie and am struggling through the manuals which is highly inadequate.
Kindly explain how do I set these parameters . I looked up in the citect.ini file but could not find the [ACCUMULATOR]watchtime and [ACCUMULATOR]updatetime functions. Kindly explain how these can be specified.
Thanks

grvtg82

Citect project Editor, drop down "system" and click "accumulators"
then click "Help" this gives you general info.

so set [ACCUMULATOR]watchtime and [ACCUMULATOR]updatetime functions, open "Computer setup Editor" under "CitectSCADA Parameter Help" click "Citect Parameter listing".

Section A shows "Accumulator Parameters" click it

Behold! there they are. click the one you want, set the value and hit generate. Voilà

Chris