Using the directNet Protocol with DCM Modules across leased lines

Does anyone have any experience with the direct net protocol by direct logics. I would like to know if anyone has used the directNet protocol with the dcm modules. I would like to put two DCM Modules inside of an eight slot Direct logic PLC and use either the direcNet protocol or the modbus protocol to communicate with two other PLC's using US robotics modems across leased lines. Does anyone out their have any opinions or past experiences they would want to share with me?
Thanks JOE.com

I haven't done it with leased lines, but we have done it with radio modems and dial up modems. The only trick is to adjust the time outs on communications a little.

We've recently used a lot of different approaches to talk to a DL-250 via modem, and we finally gave into buying KEPWARE which is an OPC server to handle the modem comms, and wrote the remaining code in Visual Basic. If you don't, you may have many problems with using anything but a US Robotics modem. Only with dial-up as well, not leased lines.