FactoryTalk ViewPoint Questions

PFrog

Hello,

I have a SE application that I am using FactoryTalk ViewPoint on.

Is there a way to do security logins for button use with ViewPoint? It looks like I can turn on security (within Virwpoint), but then all pages require a login which is not what I need. I just need to secure a couple buttons on one page. Any methods for this?

Is there a way to have ViewPoint show active and inactive alarms with a default mode (a setting within the SE application?). I am able to see inactive alarms, but only if I set it in the viewpoint page. It defaults back to active after the page timeouts, or you navigate away.

Thanks

The best way I found to do this is with the visibility settings of the SE items I wanted secured (I grouped them together). I used a numeric entry on the screen to send the value to the PLC. The PLC compared the entered value and would set the bit used for the object visibility in the SE application. After one minute I had the PLC zero out the bit. It works well for what I needed to do.

Viewpoint Administration security settings can allow you to use windows security to restrict view and write privileges for certain pages also.