I'm new learning PLC

abdurresitcan

Hi everyone, I'm student Turkey best technical high school. I'm new learning PLC.

My school has 14 kinds of plc (abb siemens schneider Rockwell mitsubishi lenze wago panasonic delta gmt vipa panasonic phoenixcontact omron backhoff)

What is differences PLC brands?
Which PLC best to start learn?
Which PLC where common?

Welcome to the forum.

not trying to slam you on this post.
1. what's the difference between plc brands?
look at it this way, what's the difference between a volkswagon, bmw,
volvo, jaguar.

they have the same basic components, operate basically the same, but
packaged differently. the same for plc's. different manufacturers take the
same basic components and package them differently. each went about
creating their brand of plc the way they wanted to.

2. which is best to learn first.
look at question 3. I worked for a machine builder for years and have
programmed AB slc100/150, Slc500's, plc2, plc5, minerak, mitsubichi, ge,
Omron...… I learned what the customer required us to use. there is a
learning curve to each plc

3. which plc are common.
each area has its own leaders. in the USA its Allen Bradley.
in the UK, its siemens, mitsubichi, Omron.
I would look at industry around you and see what they use if they will talk
to you. what local distributors are in the area.

hope this helps,
james

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Sounds like your school has a pretty good lab, with all those different brands of hardware.
I personally think the best PLC and software to learn (and the easiest) is Allen-Bradley. Now I say this because I am very familiar with it, but also, many industrial plants here in the U.S. use it (ladder logic) because it closely resembles a regular electrical print/schematic. The plant techs and electricians like this, as opposed to Structured text and other programing languages. I am having difficulty right now with Indralogic from Rexroth, because it uses Codesys for the software, in which I've never written a program.

Try and learn 2 of the most used which I believe are A-B and Siemens. Those are big players here in North America. Learn all you can about anything in the beginning, and become proficient as you gain a preference for certain platforms. Good luck.