Spider 67 - Elco holding

sczot

Hey guys,
anyone of you have any experience with this equipment? It looks really promising, but they will sell it at the end of the year...

Any knowledge based on personal experience you are willing to share would be cool...

thanks

Spider 67

Hi Sczot,
I saw this product in SPS IPC DRIVE 2015 and asked for some technical information to ELCO.
I have some experience in CUBE67 from Murrelektronik an I think it very similar.
I made comparison and found PROs and CONs between them.
My opinion is that it is a very interesting product.
I intend to aquire some pieces to test it.

Last edited:
Just to complement.
I do not know if you know CUBE67.
Like SPIDER67, we have a gateway for multiple protocols (PROFIBUS, ETHERNET IP, PROFINET, etc) and expansion modules connected to the gateway (up to 32 in CUBE67 and up to 24 in SPIDER67).
The most important feature is the only hybrid cable (power and network) that connects the gateway to the expansions.