Siemens TP900 Comfort: VBscript logging vs datalog

userxyz

Hi,

Siemens TP900 Comfort: VBscript logging vs datalog

I have a request from a customer.
He needs to log around 10 real value's.
The interval must be changeable.
He wants to be able to take the files from the card without dataloss.

So I was thinking, maybe I should write a script to create record logging and
recreating a file each day with the date in the filename. In the script I will need to close the file at the end
to be able to copy the files to USB when they want. The interval is easy this way because I manage the trigger in the PLC.
Questions:
- An interval of 1s for example, would that work okay with scripts like this ?
- Anywone did it this way ?

The other method is the datalogging of single tags. Sure this can be done... but these are active files... so when copy to USB I would need to stop logging and then do the copy because the files are not closed.
- Is the interval changeable of datalogs in an HMI...

Thanks,
Kind regards,
C

Last edited: