Allen Bradley Panel View 550

PIM

Can anyone tell me how the change the screen contrast on my Allen Bradley Panel View 550. The numbers are so faint I cannot read them.

First-

Check the backlight. There is a compartment on the back of the Panelview that contains the backlight bulb. I have seen several of these burn out.

If that is not the case, and you have a keypad (not touch screen) Panelview, press the left and right arrows simultaneously to get to the "config. screen" from there you should be able to find the video setup(not sure of the correct terminology).

jthornton said:
the right and left arrow keys also works with the touch version...

Only if the right and left arrow keys have been included in the Panelview program. If PIM had replied that he had a touchscreen, I would have elaborated.

93lt1 said:

Only if the right and left arrow keys have been included in the Panelview program. If PIM had replied that he had a touchscreen, I would have elaborated.

Where would they be included in the panelview program? I don't see anywhere in the PanelBuilder where you can include or exclude the arrow keys... Can you elaborate a bit for me?

Thanks

John

This is from the PV troubleshooting manual

Screen objects are not visible.

1. Correct power is not applied.
2. Contrast or intensity is not set correctly.
3. Terminal is in screen saver mode.
4. PV550 backlight lamp is not on.
5. Terminal’s backlight is burnt out.

1. Verify power connections.
2. Access Screen Setup on the Configuration Mode
menu and adjust the contrast. On keypad
terminals, press the left and right arrow keys
simultaneously, then press [F9] or [F15].
3. Access Screen Setup on the Configuration Mode
menu to see if terminal is set for screen saver
mode.
4. Access Screen Setup on the Configuration Mode
menu and turn on backlight.
5. Replace backlight.

To access Configuration Mode on keypad terminals:
· If an application is running, simultaneously press the Left and
Right arrow keys on the terminal keypad.

To access Configuration Mode on touch screen terminals:
· press the GoTo Config. Screen button on application screen or
· press the filled box in the lower right corner of the screen
during powerup.

jthornton said:
Where would they be included in the panelview program?

If I have a Panelview 550 (touchscreen only) and the application I write for it has nothing but momentary PB's and screen selection buttons, there would not be, on any screen, left or right arrow keys.

And...on a touch screen Panelview, you can't press more than one object at a time.