Help with Integer Data File

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys,

I have to get my Compact Logix L32E to message between a ScadaFlex module via SLC 500 peer to peer protocol. Since the SLC 500 is using 16 registers at N10:1. I have to get my Tag “Data_For_SF” which is a dint data type with an array of 16 into an N11:1 file somehow. I was told to use a integer data file but I’ve never heard Of or done anything like this before.

I also have to change the IP Address of my processor which has already been assigned. The reason for this is the tech who programmed the ScafaFlex modules used a different IP address for the message to communicate so it’s easier for me to change the IP address on this processor as it’s a stand alone processor.

How do I change the IP address? Do I just make the change offline and readdress the processor in module properties and re-download?

Yah is for the help.

- Tex

Hey guys,

I have to get my Compact Logix L32E to message between a ScadaFlex module via SLC 500 peer to peer protocol. Since the SLC 500 is using 16 registers at N10:1. I have to get my Tag “Data_For_SF” which is a dint data type with an array of 16 into an N11:1 file somehow. I was told to use a integer data file but I’ve never heard Of or done anything like this before.

I also have to change the IP Address of my processor which has already been assigned. The reason for this is the tech who programmed the ScafaFlex modules used a different IP address for the message to communicate so it’s easier for me to change the IP address on this processor as it’s a stand alone processor.

How do I change the IP address? Do I just make the change offline and readdress the processor in module properties and re-download?

Yah is for the help.

- Tex

To 'MAP' to a SLC address, under Logic->Map PLC/SLC messages, enter file number 11 for the N11 file and the name Data_For_SF. You have to do this offline. Data_For_SF should be an array of integers (type INT) of whatever length you need to exchange with Scadaflex. But I'd add a few spare registers to use later. Save the program.

To change the IP, change it offline, save the program, and download. It will warn you that you will disconnect if you change the port address ... but do it anyway

Your Scadaflex should be able to do it's read now. You will have to reconnect RS Logix or RS Studio to your new IP address.

Let us know how it goes!