Panelmate Power Pro 1775t Error Codes

glpdrumerx

I installed a referbished panelmate power pro 1775t in a machine connected to a ab slc-503. i do not have cutler hammer software to talk to the panelmate, someone else loaded the software for me. it is communicating with the plc but is showing error codes at the bottom of the screen. (LOC:1201 ON PLC1 VIA PORT 2 READING N7:0 AND B3:0). the panelmate came without any manuals and i can't seem to find them online. can anyone help!

LOC 1201 error is defined as: "Communication active, but remote device responded with negative acknowledge (NAK)".

Possible causes are listed as:

Noise on communication line
Wrong parity

Does the Panel Mate indicate any other addresses than N7:0 and B3:0? Are there any addresses that it reads correctly? If it consistently reads some addresses but not others, the problem may be in the way the unreadable addresses are set up in the configuration for the object on the screen that displays them.

Two possible causes right off the top of my head:

1. Serial cable or DH485 connection problem, cabling, baud rate, electrical noise.
2. Addresses used in PanelMate config that don't exist in the PLC...not sure if this causes a "1201 error", but I think that it does.

If the comms cabling is your problem, and there is NO communication taking place, then all of your plc references will be filled with the "#" symbol (if i recall correctly...it's been a few years...)

If the addressing of non-existent addresses is the problem, the good addresses should appear and update on the screen, and the addresses called out in the comms alarm bar may change or the alarm bar may go away entirely if you navigate to a page without any addressing problems.

I think this is what Steve is saying, now that I read his reply again...

Last edited:
Maybe you should call back the person who converted the system for you. The PM1500 series used RJ11 connectors, the PM1700 series uses DB9 connectors. That means somebody had to modify the cable, introducing a possible source of noise. Maybe there are differences in the way the communication driver was set up.

Edit: After reading OkiePC's post I realize I should have asked how you are communicating. I was assuming serial (DF1) communications.

Last edited:
So, have you lost all communications to the PanelMate or just a handful of addresses?

If none of the PLC values are appearing correctly on the PanelMate then you should look at the physical cabling. You may need to open up the shell on the DB9 connector and make sure it is wired correctly. The wiring will depend on the protocol being used. If the wiring of the cable checks out good, look at the communication settings of the PanelMate and the PLC to make sure they are matched.

If some of the addresses are updating correctly at all times and others are not, I would look at the PLC/SLC program and make sure those addresses actually exist which appear in your alarms.

Very Good Point About The Addresses, Everything Works Correctly I Just Hate Seeing The Banner Across The Bottom Of The Screen. I Will Look In Slc Program To See If Those Addresses Are Used Thanks.

Everything Works Correctly

Does that mean that you can see the value in N7:0 displayed on the Panel Mate?

Is there more than one page to the Panel Mate application? If I remember correctly, once an error message appears, it will not go away until you change to a different page, even if the condition that originally caused the message to appear gets corrected.

you cannot see the value in N7:0 on the panelmate, but when you go to other pages and do different things you get a couple of different error messages, i will get the guy to come in and check his program for the panel mate against our program for the slc to make sure all address corispond with each other, thanks steve you have helped more than you know.