Factorytalk View Studio - PV+

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

I have an application and seem to have it set up correctly but when i make a runtime file and then test the application i load the application and after a while get "Unable to load application"

I thought this may be something i had done in my app so i loaded up the baggage ab demo and get the same error when i try to run the mer file with FactoryTalk View ME Station ?

Should i be able to run the application with ME station on my PC or is there something i am missing ?

Factorytalk View Studio V5 CPR9

You can run it from your desktop. I am not in front of my development computer, but under one of the menus at the top (Application), you have a sub-choices "Test Application" and "Create RunTime Application".

I have done both of these, all works ok but

when the ME Stations starts up i have to hit F1 to load the application, i select the mer file then it trys to load it, then i get an error....

mestation.jpg

unable.jpg

Last edited:
You will need to up date the PV to CPR9
I just got done with a project that had the same problem.
I also had a problem with memory size.
I had to put a flash card in the PV+ in order to do the update.
I haven't tried it with out the card yet but it may just be the download.
There is a vary good video on how to update the firmware on AB.
Hope this helps
Racer

mracer said:
You will need to up date the PV to CPR9
I just got done with a project that had the same problem.
I also had a problem with memory size.
I had to put a flash card in the PV+ in order to do the update.
I haven't tried it with out the card yet but it may just be the download.
There is a vary good video on how to update the firmware on AB.
Hope this helps
Racer

I havent got a PV+ yet

I am trying to get the mer file (application) to run on Factorytalk View ME Station on my XP Machine. Both my app and AB's demos give the same error!

dow.....my bad...I guess i shouldn't have stayed up till 3 am programing.
That is the exact error message that I was getting at the PV+1000

There's likely something hosed up in your FactoryTalk Automation Platform installation. This could be a security thing, or an installation problem, or something left over from an OS crash.

Start by opening the FactoryTalk Diagnostics Viewer. Attempt to open the Runtime *.MER file and see what shows up in the FT Diagnostics log. I'll bet there's some kind of message describing a failure to connect to the FT directory, or something about "resetting callback objects".

Do you have a good installation of RSLinx Enterprise? With FTView Studio v5 it is nearly impossible to fail to install it, but no FactoryTalk runtime services can run without it and I've seen people inadvertently fail to install or uninstall it.

Your remedies may be to uninstall the FactoryTalk Automation Platform, RSLinx Enterprise, and FactoryTalk View Studio.

I'll make sure I got RSLinx Enterprise installed. If it's already installed try running the ME 4.0 patch roll up after downloading from AB's site. If that still don't work, try creating another runtime file and load it in ME station and see if you get the same error.

Ken Roach said:
There's likely something hosed up in your FactoryTalk Automation Platform installation. This could be a security thing, or an installation problem, or something left over from an OS crash.

Start by opening the FactoryTalk Diagnostics Viewer. Attempt to open the Runtime *.MER file and see what shows up in the FT Diagnostics log. I'll bet there's some kind of message describing a failure to connect to the FT directory, or something about "resetting callback objects".

Do you have a good installation of RSLinx Enterprise? With FTView Studio v5 it is nearly impossible to fail to install it, but no FactoryTalk runtime services can run without it and I've seen people inadvertently fail to install or uninstall it.

Your remedies may be to uninstall the FactoryTalk Automation Platform, RSLinx Enterprise, and FactoryTalk View Studio.

Diagnostics Viewer attached with critical errors

Whats a good installation of RSLinx Enterprise ? Its installed and i have my dh485 set up in it for the PV+ to talk to an SLC

criticalerror.jpg

Ok, I have solved the problem

The problem was mainly (100%) my part :)

Only thing is i feel the RA software should have given me more to go on rather than just complete C R A P!

Well i installed Studio and Linx enterprise, i DID NOT configure the comms first, i imported my PV1400 app.

I did get a warning screen saying configure comms first but as all good programmers who know best i ignored this!!!

Then i got a load of errors as above!

Well i deleted the app, made sure the comms were installed for DH+/DH485 etc, then imported the PV1400 app.......

Presto all works fine now!

edit: i did not have to uninstall or reinstall factory talk, just import the application correctly (ie configure comms first!)

Thanks for the help

I have had this similiar problem when trying to launch the MER file on an Industrial PC acting as a PV+ using ME Station Runtime.

Situation is this:

-Xycom Industrial with XP SP2 runing ME Station Runtime connected via ethernet to Clgx.

-Develop application on my laptop using ME Studio. Transfer MER via ethernet to Xycom with changes

-Shutdown Runtime application and relaunch with new changes.

-Every other time I transfered an MER file to the Xycom while the Runtime application was still running, I would see the error you stated.

-Only successful time I had reloading a new application without faults, was when I first shut down Station Runtime, transferred the MER file, then relaunched

I am using FTView Studio ME, 8.2, and attempting to test the application, but each time FTView crashes towards the end of making the mer. Then as often as not I have to reboot as next time i try it gives me the old tag database error if trying again, or wont actually restart FTView at all.

Any ideas on this? I have tried doing same with one of the Rockwell example applications (the instantFizz one) and it does the same so I don't think its my application.