Slow alarms in FactoryTalk View SE Alarms and Events

Marie1982

Hi,

I compared the two methods for displaying alarms in FactoryTalk View SE (which are the old HMI tag alarms just like RSView32 or the new FactoryTalk A&E). I put the two alarm summaries in the same display and configured a tag to give an alarm in both summaries. The alarm in the old Summary comes up instantly, but in the FactoryTalk A&E, it takes about 7 seconds to show up. And I'm using a memory tag, what will it be when I will use PLC tags???

Anyone experienced the same problem or know the solution???

Thanks

Marie

I didn't tested with memory tags, but in device tags works without problems thruogh the Ethernet network. I have all alarms in the ControlLogix with ALMA and ALMD functions and read the alarms status with with FTAE. The only thing that I still can't make is the historic of alarmas and events with SQL Server Express.