Using a HMI PB and ONS to allow FPM to increase by .1 but numbers wants to run away.

Good Morning ,

I have an application that I need to increase and decrease the FPM on conveyors . I have a HMI PB for increase and decrease. I have a total of about 12 belts , and about 30 recipes so I made the One Shots BOOL with an array of 30. Like M46_One_Shot_Increase_FPM_Recipe_(1) to M46_One_Shot_Increase_FPM_Recipe_(30).

The problem that I'm having is when the increase or decrease PB is pressed my FPM runs away from 50 to 600 + . I really don't see any obvious issue with it. I did a similar method on another machine I did last year and the method works great. I'm using a CompactLogix L33ER. Attached is a screenshot and some comments I have . I'm really shocked this is not working like I planned.

Any thoughts and advice would be great .

Thanks so much,

So I can can still use the " M46_One_Shot_Increase_FPM_Recipe(1) thru (30) , but create a Output Bit ( Tag ) that would trigger the ADD.

That would add just .1 each time ? What is the OSR doing different that ONS is doing ?

Thanks,

what event is your HMI triggering on? Could it be the HMI is pulsing the hell out of it? if you can, have the HMI set the value to one On Press, and set it to zero On Release. that would eliminate the HMI pulsing it rapid fire.

My only guess would be if something else is writing to that cutter conveyor fpm tag (R. 27). Otherwise, I agree with you--no reason why it won't work like the last machine. Maybe a small change somewhere else in the program you forgot about.

All good questions.

- The strange thing is , some rungs work great . Let's say in my group of 1-30 One Shots in that array about 25% are working like they should. This project
is in the workbench stage at the moment , so the program is not that "busy"
at the moment.

- Yes it is a HMI Momentary PB , but the ONS I've used before , I can toggle iin
the program and it would just add the .1 everytime. Even when I had to
right click and toggle again to turn it off.

Just the One Shot - M46_One_Shot_Increase_FPM_Recipe[1] . What do you mean "Destructive" . Shame on me , that I never understood that term .

So if the only destructive bit for that ONS is on rung 28 of that program then that would not be it. I know it should show up in the cross reference but I have seen it before where if you were moving a null word into the bool array that the cross reference won't show it but I think that only happened to me when dealing with indirect addressing. Can you send me the ACD file? I will look at it for you if you can PM it to me.

All good questions.

- The strange thing is , some rungs work great . Let's say in my group of 1-30 One Shots in that array about 25% are working like they should. This project
is in the workbench stage at the moment , so the program is not that "busy"
at the moment.

- Yes it is a HMI Momentary PB , but the ONS I've used before , I can toggle iin
the program and it would just add the .1 everytime. Even when I had to
right click and toggle again to turn it off.

Do not reuse BOOL bits on ONS, just general rule. Make you a DINT[10] array and you will have lots of BOOLs to choose from when making one shots. Very common in programs I have written is we make a tag called ONS and it is a DINT[10]. 320 BOOLs to use now for one shots throughout your program as long as you leave it controller scoped.