Omron Servo Homing

Shuvl

Hello boys n' lads,

I'm trying to make a step into my sequence which main function is "homing" the servo motor.

Here is a screenshot of my step:
SbAkqfW
(if the picture doesn't appear, look at http://imgur.com/SbAkqfW )

So, I'm using ORG(889) function and somehow know how it works. The question is, how do I get the feedback from the servo when its done with the homing? I'm about to use that bit as requirement to move to the next step.

I'm using CJ2M-CPU11.
Ni5Vs

Hello boys n' lads,

I'm trying to make a step into my sequence which main function is "homing" the servo motor.

Here is a screenshot of my step:
SbAkqfW
(if the picture doesn't appear, look at http://imgur.com/SbAkqfW )

So, I'm using ORG(889) function and somehow know how it works. The question is, how do I get the feedback from the servo when its done with the homing? I'm about to use that bit as requirement to move to the next step.

I'm using CJ2M-CPU11.
Ni5Vs

The motion application you are using requires the HOME input wired to the CJ and the settings for homing defined in the PLC setup. Read and understand the document I will mail you [too large for upload on this site], very useful introduction by Jay Anthony over at MRPLC.COM. Pages 39-40 show how you would configure your motion.

Why do you use the ORG instruction?
Hey,

Is there better solution to do home-run with servo (and get the feedback?)?

I'm pretty new to this CX Environment.

But basicly, is the home limit (for example an inductive sensor) hard wired to the servo controller, which informs the PLC when its reached (after the homing has been started)?

Origin Search

Extract from Motion Intro document I e-mailed you this morning.
Note that the HOME sensor is connected to the PLC.
If you are using CW and CCW sensors these are also wired to the PLC.

This document shows a CJ1M PLC. But applies equally well to the MD211 Pulse I/O unit attached to a CJ2M PLC>