RSLinx

wolverine1981

Good Morning,

I have a question. I am attempting to connect with a CompactLogix using RsLogix 5000 to upload the program, for some reason RSLinx is not loading up.

I have attempted to open it from the file, Start Menu, RSLogix to no luck. I am using windows 10 64bit. Any one have this problem before?

Tom

wolverine1981 said:
...I am attempting to connect with a CompactLogix using RsLogix 5000 to upload the program, for some reason RSLinx is not loading up.

I have attempted to open it from the file, Start Menu, RSLogix to no luck. I am using windows 10 64bit. Any one have this problem before?...

Hi Tom,

Just to be clear, it's RSLinx Classic that is not opening and RSLogix 5000 is OK?

If so - the most likely cause is that RSLinx Classic is set to "Run as a Service" and needs to be changed to "Run as an Application". When running as a service the graphical user interface (GUI) is not available and will not open.

Go to...

Start>Programs>Rockwell Software>RSLinx>RSLinx Classic Launch Control Panel

RSLinx Classic Launch Control Panel > click Stop
Uncheck Always Run As Service
Click Start

RSLinx Classic should now run as an application and the GUI should open.

If it's not that then tell us which version of RSLinx Classic you are using (always do that in your first post anyway) and there may be other things to suggest.

Regards,
George