Studio 21.03 incomplete module info?

In the process of adding a bunch of remote I/O to replace PLC5's in our process...

In the I/O tree, everything is showing up, but in controller tags, I can not see the In/Out for the modules (see pic). For instance, the first flex module in ScanShed_N is an output module, but there's no "O" in the controller tags. Anyone stumble into this before?

h/w: PLC - 1756-L72 ControlLogix 5570, rev 21.11
s/w: Studio 5000 Logix Designer 21.03

https://imgur.com/a/J537Zsm

Hi Scott,

I would recommend that you either download 21.11 version of RSLogix or Upgrade the PLC firmware to 21.03. One of my colleagues struggled with this version (21.03) and it appears that there are many known compatibility issues with it. Here's a Rockwell note.

Problem
Logix Designer Software, Version 21.03

1 Release Overview
This release includes enhancements intended to improve product resiliency to potentially disruptive activities. These enhancements have been verified to not affect product safety, performance, expected life, configuration, or operation of the product. Rockwell Automation advises customers to follow good Industrial Control System (ICS) security practices that include regular product updates. To ensure authenticity, obtain product updates and new releases directly from Rockwell Automation.

Product resiliency includes, but is not limited to, security topics related to tamper prevention and detection; intellectual property management and source protection; and user authentication and authorization.

The release ensures that only V21.03 software can open, upload and go online with a project/controller created/downloaded from this version.

Long story short, I would avoid that revision like the plague. If you can flash all the up to 30.11, you should be in good shape. Otherwise, I would expect it to be incompatible.