AB T45 Terminal

Jmeadows7676

I was going through some old PLC cabinets on Site and Found 2 Allen Bradley T45 Terminals that actually power up. I am curious, were they just used to go online with PLCs or could you do offline programming. Do you have to install software or is it native to the terminal. I would like to get it operational just to mess with the old timers around here.

Thanks, :nodi:

IIRC, they are just rugged DOS based PCs. Some of the ones I used (T50 I think) had the old DH+ expansion interface included...1784-PKTX? Or maybe it was an older version of that card.

as already pointed out, they are dos based.

the one I used already had the plc software installed.
PLC 2, 3, 5 and may have had the early version of slc500

not sure about the 5/250 pyramid software.
it also had the programming cables.

james

Software was not included. Just a rugged DOS machine. I think it was an 80286 processor. It was made by Data General. The T47 was a 80386. Think it was Data General also.

I believe they both had a version of the 1784-KT card pre-installed. But the DOS programming software was not included when purchased new.

OG

Lol. As an “old timer” I can just imagine walking up and seeing one of those dinosaurs up and running at someone’s desk and wondering WTF?

Physically, T45 is not that big. T50 is very big, T47 is smaller and lighter than T45, I think.

Yeah T50 was a boat anchor. T45 and T47 were laptops. I remember the T47 as being a pretty good machine at the time. It was in big demand. A-B couldn't get enough of them from DG to fill the demand. That was back when you could get away with calling them "programming terminals" instead of computers to avoid company purchasing rules for computers.

OG