Digital meter - PLC

passwordg

Is anyone aware of a digital meter that could measure DC current, resistance etc and send that data to a PLC either via ethernet or via OPC or something similar ?

Are you looking for a panel meter with a display on it, or a distributed I/O system, or a "signal conditioner" with network connectivity ?

How many amps are we talking about here?

Can the meter be wired in series, or must it be a clamp on type?

I preferred to be wired in series.
I want to read a current of upto 5 Amps but not sure how I can read a value and then get it into a Rockwell PLC.

Last edited:
Are you looking for a panel meter with a display on it, or a distributed I/O system, or a "signal conditioner" with network connectivity ?

I just want to read a value of a DC current of upto 5 Amps but not sure how I can read a value and then get it into a Rockwell PLC.

Last edited:
Yes Jim, you might get it to work some way, but it would be a challenge. It can data log 10,000 events with the onboard TrendCapture. You can then add an optional infrared connector - Fluke ir3000 FC and download wirelessly to a PC, but that is done manually.

If it's not an "in hand" solution you're after then forget about it. I was more throwing an option out to you "if" it was a multimeter you were after.

Party on, as we say...

Get a CT that outputs 4-20mA and feed it to a panel meter (ex: Precision Digital). Get the meter model that has its own configurable output and wire that to the PLC analog input.