Indusoft time display from Integer

lunenburger

Just wondering if anyone has gotten the Indusoft time display to work?
I have a second value in Compactlogix plc and would like to display it in hh:mm:ss format.

I have tried to format a text string following Indusoft's formatting procedure:
Format(“%h”,TagValue)

But I keep getting a token error (see pic)

I am new to Indusoft, but i have been working with Factorytalk View for a long time, so I may be going about this the wrong way...

I am using Indusoft 7.1

any help is greatly appreciated...

text.gif

It is probably that the information you are getting back from the CLX is not in a format that the %h format can work with. Does it work if you just use it as a number?

I just tested here on v7.1.3.7 and it works fine on this version.
The Tag/Expression is Format("%h",TimeValue) as in your picture. And I set the caption to ########.
What is the Data Type of your tag? Both Integer and Real worked for me.

I recommend you contact support.

I’m not anywhere that I can test this but maybe the OP left out the caption. If that is blank, maybe the token error comes up? I’ll try to test later.

Thank you everyone for the help....

Right Click "Run As Administrator" on the Indusoft exe
Seems to have solved the problem....

I didn't mention it before, but I was getting a token error with all number formatting types in Indusoft.(thought I would focus on one type and get that working first)

I can edit the number formatting with no errors now,
Very frustrating

On a sidenote, showing a second value in hh:mm:ss format is an incredible advantage over FactoryTalk View!

The amount of PLC programming I have to do to get a timer value to show in hours and minutes in FTV is ridiculous. So far I am really impressed with Indusoft.