RSLogix 5000 UDT Multi-dim arrays?

Paul351W

I am trying to clean up a project by creating a UDT that I will reuse, and while I was creating the UDT tags I got to a 2 dimensional array, and the UDT editor does not seem to accept anything more than the first dimension.

Is there a trick to get this to work, or are multi-dimensional arrays not allowed in UDT's?

This is the answer that i got from the Allen Bradley knowledge base

"By design, arrays within a UDT structure can only be 1-dimension"

One way around it is to create a seperate UDT which is a single dimension array.

Inside your target UDT make a single dimension array of that seperate UDT type. The seperate indexes will be in sections of the final tag seperated by a period but it will work.

Similar Topics

Ok, I am having a tough time with an application and figuring out how the best way would be for me. So here is what I would like to accomplish: I...
Replies
Views
Greetings, I'm here in my home lab trying to acquire a working knowledge of UDT's. I've had to work with them in the past in large existing...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm designing UDTs for a RSlogix 5000 project and I would like your valuable comments about this topic. I have around 10 tanks to control...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm working on my first RSLogix 5000 program. Thanks to the help of some of you guys I am taking advantage of the AOIs (add on...
Replies
Views
Apparently, the Automation Direct C-More HMIs do not support AB UDT type tags. I couldn't read or write with the UDT tags, while all other tag...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom