Siemens s7 to controllogix via ethernet communications

JohnJPhillips

Anyone ever set up communications like this? Trying to assist a plc instructor with making a lab up for a local junior college. They have both racks and your standard modules, but just looking to get enough information together to start tinkering.

I've seen an EWEB module for the controllogix rack being suggested or a red lion protocol converter.

Any help would be appreciated!

I would ring Siemens up and ask whether they can share the GET_R and PUT_R function blocks with you. It's the exact same functionality as the typical GET and PUT functions but for Rockwell.

I tried them already to communicate with a CLX in V20.04 or something like that. They were very very easy to set up.

Hi John,
I'm working on a project now communicating between 6x ControlLogix/CompactLogix and 2x S7 plc's. If you're using TIA Portal there is a T_COMM block for the Siemens side and an Add-On Instruction for the Logix side. Take a look here https://support.industry.siemens.co...ol-system-(clx-glx-controller)?dti=0&lc=en-WW

We've just completed testing on our project and it works a treat.

If you're using the old S7-300 range for the Siemens side you'll need to use a protocol converter like the Red Lion unit which works but is rather slow, or there are other standalone alternatives like Echochanger, Prosoft PLX32-EIP-PND, or you could use the Prosoft MVI56E-SIE which sits in the ControlLogix rack. I'm sure there are others.

Hi John,
I'm working on a project now communicating between 6x ControlLogix/CompactLogix and 2x S7 plc's. If you're using TIA Portal there is a T_COMM block for the Siemens side and an Add-On Instruction for the Logix side. Take a look here https://support.industry.siemens.co...ol-system-(clx-glx-controller)?dti=0&lc=en-WW

We've just completed testing on our project and it works a treat.

If you're using the old S7-300 range for the Siemens side you'll need to use a protocol converter like the Red Lion unit which works but is rather slow, or there are other standalone alternatives like Echochanger, Prosoft PLX32-EIP-PND, or you could use the Prosoft MVI56E-SIE which sits in the ControlLogix rack. I'm sure there are others.

Hello Sir,
i connected my compactlogix controller and s7 1500 cpu with a ethernet cable. i want to import the tags into the tia portal that used in the copactlogix program.how can i import the tags?

please help.

Thanks