Where to buy Siemens in the USA

Who is your Ontario distributor?
Maybe they can ship it to the US.

Franklin Empire

They have many branches in Ontario and Quebec and when I have a sizeable order I call branches in different cities to compare and makes sure I get the best price possible though I always have the feeling I'm getting creamed.

Their customer service is absolutely superb.

I wrote to all of them in radius 300 miles and got 0 answers.

Thank you for all the other suggestions, I'll check them out.

Hello again!

Call in and set yourself up with a local rep. Now you have a go-to-person that you can actually email :).

Let us know if you have any luck :)

Finally, someone from Siemens got in touch with me. But in the meantime, I established a very good relationship with Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Omron, and Beckhoff... All of them were very responsive, offered to lend their hardware for testing and providing local support. So it looks like now Siemens has to wait...

Thank you for all the contacts and for sure it is going to be useful one day.

Yeah, I have had mixed experiences in the US as well.

I work for a Norwegian company, that purchases directly from Siemens, much easier to get hold of people.

That being said, I have great experiences with support from Siemens, they usually answer service requests in a day, online support is freely available and massive, forums are a great resource etc.
1200 series is priced very competitively as well.

But it doesn't hurt to see what else is out there :). Good luck!

I had a similar reaction when I had bad experience with the distributor in Calgary and started looking at other options. Of the ones you mentioned I only considered Beckhoff and as boneless noted Siemens compact controllers are priced so well that I decided to buy from Ontario. I will in time buy some Beckhoff hardware to test and I am looking forward to their CX7000 when it is released.

Guess I am just lucky.... My local Siemens responds back in under 30 min on emails and they have answered the phone every time I have called https://eecoonline.com/

Also every time I have called TN for support they have picked up and pointed me in the right direction, couple times they had to call back...

Walkir

Just call E&M.
Trust me , you will want local support.

And Tom must be confused with AB
I think it’s a Milwaukee thing

Well, I'm color blind, but I can tell grey from white - no confusion. (y)

We had much better support from our local AB guys and from AB corporate than we got from Siemens for many years. (Of course, we had to open our wallets!) Finally, a few years before I got out of the hardware side of things, a new distributor that "got it" opened up, and we were able to start using Siemens.