Trouble Connecting to PLC

Sounds like an easier option. However shipping to Canada makes that 20$ cable 60$ canadian by the time it gets here. Time to have some fun creating my own cable! haha

Appreciate the help !!

My guess is that you'll spend more than CAN$60 of your time trying to mock up your own cable on the cheap, although the upside of doing it yourself is you might not need to wait for delivery.

One hurdle, now on to the next..

I managed to get a setup of cables (still connecting to the DSUB port 2 on the CPU).

I installed the driver for the USB to SERIAL cable and it is recognized within device manager, and also DirectSoft when I try to create a new link. However when it tries to establish communication it gives me a no response from PLC. I tried DirectNet and Ksequence protocols and still nothing. Hopefully there is something stupid that I am still missing ?

Good news: Managed to get a connection the PLC when I received cables for the Port 1.

Bad news:Unfortunately the unit is password password, DOH!