Siemens 505 Profibus - can't add module to RBC

RoTaTech

We've a 555-1106 with one remote base and three other PB devices.
This base has a 505-6870 RBC, and three modules / IO cards. I am trying to add a fourth. None are Special Function cards.

I have tried to with PLC in RUN, HALT, with RBC enabled and disabled, all to the same result:
"The number of slave modules exceeds the maximum number of modules for the device."

Not that it should matter, but I am using 505 Workshop software.

Has anyone here an idea or solution?

Good day SD.
Yes, ours has that same GSD file.
The system of concern is not the machine you posted, and I cannot easily get a screen-shot as it is on a different PC, but presently I shall try to connect and post one. This one has an RBC.

Hello Rotatech

Does workshop give you this message “The number of slaven exceeds the maximum number of modules for the device” also when you make the configuration offline?

For writing the profibus configuration to the cpu it can stay in runmode and also disable the slave is not needed to make the configuration. It can be that it,s a limitation from the 555-1106 cpu but I,m not sure. in the past I knew for example that When you had a ET200S headstation that only 16 cards could be used because of limitation from the 555 cpu. With the newer 2500 cpu,s from CTI this problem was solved.

Kind regards
Henny

Limited Edit mode

Fastworks TS told me last night that this message may be caused by someone making an off-line edit without having the .fss file. I don't know how that would be done - i.e. editing a file without having the file . . .

Their suggestion is to delete all the slaves and re-add them.