Error When Loading an Application (Factory Talk View ME)

Good Afternoon,

My colleague is not able to open any application in Factory Talk View. The software loads and so does the app, but freezes and gives and error code below. He is using v10 and windows 10. Not sure of the windows build.

He has been working with Rockwell for about 2 weeks now and they don't seem to have any solutions that work other than reinstalling windows and going through that whole mess. o_O

Any and all suggestions are welcome!!

FactoryTalk View ME.PNG

Have you ever been able to open any other FTView application on this computer?

Can you open this FTView application on another computer?

You may want to try downloading and installing the latest FTView patches from the Rockwell website.

I would try uninstalling/reinstalling FTView before uninstalling/reinstalling Windows.

Yes - He has been using this computer for a few months
Thanks for the reply!

Yes - I have opened the same files on my computer

Rockwell has had him do that

Rockwell has had him uninstall and reinstall

Rockwell has it elevated to the Commercial Engineering team and it is taking them a long time to reply.

The main reason to avoid the windows restart is the other software we run as well (Both his and my computer are identical besides i run windows 7). We have processors in our company that use RS500, RS5, RS5000, and ST5000. Using v13 - 31. We would rather not have to go through that reinstall if possible.

That's about where I'm at with it. It has been nothing but problems since IT upgraded him to Windows 10.

I'm keeping windows 7 on my lap top.

Thanks for your help all!!