Industrial Automation Marketing

QasimFSH

Hi All,

Can anyone of you please provide me with some samples of a Capability Statement as a System Integrator of Industrial Automation? We can program PLCs, deal with SCADA systems, and microscan AutoVision too.

Also, can anyone of you recommend any ideas how to get hold of some projects? I am willing to work at cheaper rates initially to establish myself? We have a complete team with us to deal with all the technical aspects.

Also, we are providing Automation Prospecting, which is like a free survey of the facility, and then do a financial report highlighting how much financially they will be benefited by the Automation of their processes.

Any help in this regard will be really beneficial.

There are many threads by folks here who had this discussion. You can pick any of the big industry magazine and get a list of the big integrator and how they advertise their expertise.

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm frankly surprised that you think you are any close to being qualified to offer this type of service as a new grad. Many of us has 20, 30 years of experiences and I'm still questioning my own capability. How are you going to qualify a project for a customer?

And after 45 years! My wife still tells me "I can't do anything!!!"

Well im only 30 years with my wife and she has never told me "I can't do anything!!!"

But then again she has said "I can't do anything right!!!" many times :D

I absolutely agree with all of you. I will like to make it clear that we are actually a company with more experienced people with us of course (I am the control system engr looking after customer service a little bit too). We outsource the tasks that require electrician, and we have subcontractors who will do that for us. All the designing and programming is done by our team.
So yes, I DONT think myself as being even close to knowing everything of this field, however, I do feel very confident about our ability as a team.

One option is to contact former employers. They are already familiar with your work and they may have side projects for you. (I've done this)

Another option is freelancer websites such as Upwork but I've never tried this.

Another option is freelancer websites such as Upwork but I've never tried this.
I have tried this and it doesn't work. The clients are ultra cheap, and if you don't win a project within 30 days of signing up, they hide your profile so nobody can find you, you have to go out and find clients. Until you get a paid job, your profile remains hidden. Once you get a paid job, they allow your profile to be found in search results, for 30 days, and if you don't get a job in 30 days, it's hidden again, and so on.

Also, they take 20% of your price of the first $500, then 10% $500 to $10000. then 5% above that from your business with a single client. If you get another client, that fee structure stands for each new client, for the lifetime of that client. Although, you'd be lucky to find someone who would even pay $100 for a project.

I found the site to be garbage and I unregistered from the site.

I have tried this and it doesn't work. The clients are ultra cheap, and if you don't win a project within 30 days of signing up, they hide your profile so nobody can find you, you have to go out and find clients. Until you get a paid job, your profile remains hidden. Once you get a paid job, they allow your profile to be found in search results, for 30 days, and if you don't get a job in 30 days, it's hidden again, and so on.

Also, they take 20% of your price of the first $500, then 10% $500 to $10000. then 5% above that from your business with a single client. If you get another client, that fee structure stands for each new client, for the lifetime of that client. Although, you'd be lucky to find someone who would even pay $100 for a project.

I found the site to be garbage and I unregistered from the site.

My plan now is to visit factories and tell them about our services

My plan now is to visit factories and tell them about our services

I have found that is a waste of time & gas. Factories usually have exclusivity deals (usually to the plant managers financial benefit) that only use one outside contractor per field.

My best results were finding used machinery dealers (now called 'recyclers') and doing work for them cheap. When a customer of theirs asks them for someone that can fix a machine they would think of me. I got a lot of business when I started on my own this way.

I have found that is a waste of time & gas. Factories usually have exclusivity deals (usually to the plant managers financial benefit) that only use one outside contractor per field.

My best results were finding used machinery dealers (now called 'recyclers') and doing work for them cheap. When a customer of theirs asks them for someone that can fix a machine they would think of me. I got a lot of business when I started on my own this way.

Your advice is much appreciated. The recyclers will have customers who will be after industrial automation services too?

Yes, usually first they need a machine they bought used repaired, but when you are in their factory let them know what else you do. Even offer to look at other machines while you are there.

I usually charge a 2 hour minimum service call so I will look at other things during the rest of the 2 hours without additional charge to them. This will make them happy and think of you next time.

Yes, usually first they need a machine they bought used repaired, but when you are in their factory let them know what else you do. Even offer to look at other machines while you are there.

I usually charge a 2 hour minimum service call so I will look at other things during the rest of the 2 hours without additional charge to them. This will make them happy and think of you next time.

Got that! But the problem is that we’re not dealing with fixing machines unfortunately atm.. Do I make any sense? Or I lost you?