Getting an upload from a Siemens S7-200 CPU214

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
Would someone be kind enough to tell me what software and cable I need to be able to get an upload from a Siemens S7-200 with a CPU214? Its part # is 6ES7 214-1CC01-0XB0. It has a DE-9 connector. Thank you.

sigmadelta, thank you!

technolog, try contacting your local Siemens distributor, they may just give you a copy of MicroWin... if you buy it you will need to pay close to 1k, when the 1200's started picking up sales they doubled the price for MicroWin trying to push more people to the 1200's, I would also recommend upgrading, the 200's are only available in China and India

Also if you dont know the baud rate of the PLC you may want to get this cable, its better and auto sensing https://www.plccable.com/siemens-usb-ppi-multi-master-187-5k-6es7-901-3db30-0xa0/

Cable received. Thanks.

I've found STEP 7-Micro/WIN V4.0.9.25 on an old laptop, so I guess I'm good to go.

GiT, can you give me a little guidance, please? I've read the info on the driver CD supplied and looked at a couple of videos but I'm still confused. The cable I received is marked USB/PPIM+, so it appears to be the correct one. When I plug it in, the only place it appears in Device Manager (Win 7) is Human Interface Devices (two spots, one is HID-compliant device and the other is USB Input Device). I believe that it should appear in the list of drivers in the Set PG/PC Interface dialog in MicroWIN but the only ones I have (apart from network, PLCSIM & VMware ones) are:

PC internal local.1
PC/PPI cable.PPI.1
Serial cable.PPI.1
TS Adapter
TS Adapter IE
USB.S7USB.1

Which one should I use or, if it isn't one of these, do you know how I install it?

Open Windows Control Panel
Open the Set PC/PG Interface
Select Micro/Win from the top drop-down
Select PC/PPI cable.PPI.1
Click the Properties button
Under the Local Connection tab, select USB from the drop-down
Under the PPI tab, you can try either 9.6 kbps or 19.2 kbps or 187.5 kbps
Click OK
Click OK

Check what sigmadelta wrote... the cable you got does not get a com number in your device manager so it sounds like it should be good to go

We have a couple of videos on our website that may help

On the road so typing on the phone is not the best way, you can send me a email and I may be able to help if you get stuck