FactoryTalk View ME SQL Server 2008 Authentication Error

mcmahobr

Hi all,

I'm trying to open a project with Factory Talk view studio V8.1 but am getting the error:
"FactoryTalk View cannot authenticate with the SQL Server 2008 express instance 'FTVIEWx64TagDb' on machine 'MYPCNAME'."

There may have been a windows update since I last used FactoryTalk View on this PC so I'm wondering would this have disrupted the softwares access to the SQL database.

I had a slightly different error originally but reinstalled the SQL server. I now need to reset FTVIEWUSER using the reset tool but do not have the password for the SA account.

Unsure really about what to do in general with this issue so any guidance would be appreciated.

-Brian

Similar Topics

Hi, We are doing a project in FactoryTalk View with Database connected to SQL via Connections available within the FactoryTalk View Project. Is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can someone guide me through how to use FactoryTalk SE VB script to open communication with SQL Server? which command I can use? Are there...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have a machine with a Compact Logix and a Factory View HMI display and I've been asked to see if it's possible to create a log of the...
Replies
Views
Gents (and Ladies) working on a FTView 8.0 system upgrade from an old RSView SE machine (3.2?, might have been 4.0). The old project was using...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to form a link between FactoryTalk View ME and Microsoft SQL Server without using extra software like factorytalk historian or...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom