PLC > Database > Excel (via DDE)

Unregistered

U
Does anyone know a way for me to work from a database, that is linked to serveral PLCs, and somehow using DDE , link Excel to this Database so that I can take information from the database with VB macros, update, and plot graphs using the data from the database?

DDE data can be accessed in Excel by entering: =APPLICATION|TOPIC!TAG as a formula in your spreadsheet.

For example, to get data from a CLX processor into Excel, the formula could be: =RSLINX|PLCNUMBER1!TAGNUMBER1

AK

I know with some databases that Excel can use MS Query and be directly linked to the database. The phrasing of the question has me lightly confused.

Is the database already established with the info from the PLC going into it? If so just goto the Excel help index and look for database, it will explain how to do it.